- 18.09.15Read more...
Attachments:FileDescriptionRELIGIOUS ED FACT SHEET.doc ...
- 16.02.15Read more...
Attachments:FileDescriptionPastoral Plan 2015-2018.pdf Year One.pdf ...
- 20.12.14What is the Parish Pastoral Council? Prior to 1999 parishes in our diocese functioned with a group of men and women, elected by the parish members under the heading of Parish Council. There were four major committees that assisted the Pastor in managing the day-to-day tasks of running a parish.In the year 2000, the Bishop asked all the parishes to adopt a new model of operation call...Read more...
- 19.12.14Patte Grey - FacilitatorIvan HofmannMarty McDanielJeff MinarekJean BleyDonna PavlisAnna VillellaLinda SoldressenDonna Best...Read more...
- 30.04.13Registration forms are found under the "Forms" subsection shown above....Read more...
- 03.03.12We are excited to inform you that we now offer Online Giving! As a church that seeks to serve, we wanted to provide you the convenience of being able to give the way you want, whenever you want. Online Giving offers you the opportunity to make secure, automatic contributions from your bank [or credit card] account to our church.As we begin this new program, you may notice your neighbors placin...Read more...
- 02.08.11Please join the Saturday morning Men’s Bible Study in a journey through the history of the Catholic Church. Learn about the major people, places and events of two thousand years of church history. A DVD by Professor Steve Weidenkopf will be used, followed by a discussion of the material presented. Join us every Saturday morning at 7:30am in Meeting Room #1. ...Read more...
|A Word From Fr. Tom - 02.19.17|
We live in a society where there are a lot of divisions between families, friends and neighbors. How sad it is when we become divided.
This weekend as we celebrate the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, our readings focus on an alternative method to achieve peace and settle the arguments and differences in the world. The First reading from Leviticus we hear the Lord speak to Moses and challenges the people to distinguish themselves in every way as chosen ones. In today’s Second Reading to the Corinthians, Paul wants us to know we are temples of God, because the Holy Spirit resides within us. In today’s Gospel of Matthew, we continue reading the Sermon on the Mount as Jesus continues teaching the disciples that they must love their enemies (the Scribes and Pharisees) and pray for those who persecute them.
This is a real challenge for all of us as it forces us to step back and really think what Jesus is saying and asking each one of us. Let us act instead of reacting, to love our enemies, not hold a grudge, to give true charity, and to be a temple of God’s spirit.
On Mission for the Church Alive! This past Monday, St. James On Mission team members hosted our first parish-cluster district meeting. We met with the pastors and team members of St. Joseph Parish in Coraopolis and St. Margaret Mary in Moon Township. Our Regional Vicar, Fr. Sam Esposito and Diocesan Parish Services Representative, Ellen Mady were also present. It was a very good meeting looking at the possible models. St. James presented its possible model to merge with St. Joseph, St. Margaret Mary and St. Catherine’s in Crescent and the other team members and pastors seemed open to the possibility. We will keep you posted on the progress.
Parish Share 2017 The annual Parish Share 2017 campaign officially kicks off next weekend. All registered parishioners should have already received their pledge and payment cards in the mail. Our goal this year is $179,002. Please be as generous as possible.
Ash Wednesday The Season of Lent begins Wednesday, March 1st. Masses will be held at 6:45 am, 9:00am, Noon (Liturgy of the Word Service), and 7:00pm.
Upcoming Lenten Activities Stations of the Cross - every Friday at 1:30pm (with school children) and 7:00pm.
Fish Fry - every Friday during Lent from 4:30 to 7:00pm in the school cafeteria. New on the menu this year…CRAB CAKES! Penance Service - Tuesday, March 7 at 6:30pm
Light is On For You- Wednesday- March 15 6pm to 9pm. (church will be open for Private Prayer, Meditation and Confession).
Parish Mission with Fr. Scott Seethaler- March 19-22
Living Stations- Sunday, April 9, 7:30pm St. Ferdinand Parish Youth Ministry Program performs “Living Stations.”
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner/Dance Our annual St. Patrick’s Day Dinner/Dance will be held on Saturday, March 18 at 6:30pm in the St. James Gymnasium. Tickets are $25.00 which includes a full catered dinner, soft drinks, dessert and entertainment. Tickets will begin to go on sale before and after all the masses starting next weekend or at the rectory.
Scout Sunday This weekend at the 11:30am Mass we celebrate “Scout Sunday.” Several of our Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will receive their Religious Awards.
Light of Christ : 2nd grade Cub Scouts - Grant Griesacker Family of God: 2nd and 3rd grade Brownies - Amelia Balet, Gabrielle Gallagher, Lily Giunipero, Madeline Horton, Savannah Hornstein, Sophia Kostkas and Faith Williamson Mary, the First Disciple 7-8th grade Cadettes - Isabella Alvarado, Lydia Cwalina, Julia Fancher, Emily Gierczynski, Margaret McManus, Kelsey McGaughey ,Jacqueline Nicolaus, and Sara Weller Region III Pin - Jackie Nicolaus
St. James School Annual Fund Students from our school will be on hand next weekend at all Masses in regards to their Annual Fund Drive. Taking home a pledge card or giving a monetary donation next weekend would be truly appreciated!
Welcome A special warm welcome to Lacey Gerle, and James, Caroline and Anna Podroskey who recently registered at St. James Parish.
Something to Think About… Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness. - James Thurber
With God, All Things Are Possible!