- 18.09.15Read more...
Attachments:FileDescriptionRELIGIOUS ED FACT SHEET.doc ...
- 16.02.15Read more...
Attachments:FileDescriptionPastoral Plan 2015-2018.pdf Year One.pdf ...
- 20.12.14What is the Parish Pastoral Council? Prior to 1999 parishes in our diocese functioned with a group of men and women, elected by the parish members under the heading of Parish Council. There were four major committees that assisted the Pastor in managing the day-to-day tasks of running a parish.In the year 2000, the Bishop asked all the parishes to adopt a new model of operation call...Read more...
- 19.12.14Patte Grey - FacilitatorIvan HofmannMarty McDanielJeff MinarekJean BleyDonna PavlisAnna VillellaLinda SoldressenDonna Best...Read more...
- 30.04.13Registration forms are found under the "Forms" subsection shown above....Read more...
- 03.03.12We are excited to inform you that we now offer Online Giving! As a church that seeks to serve, we wanted to provide you the convenience of being able to give the way you want, whenever you want. Online Giving offers you the opportunity to make secure, automatic contributions from your bank [or credit card] account to our church.As we begin this new program, you may notice your neighbors placin...Read more...
- 02.08.11Please join the Saturday morning Men’s Bible Study in a journey through the history of the Catholic Church. Learn about the major people, places and events of two thousand years of church history. A DVD by Professor Steve Weidenkopf will be used, followed by a discussion of the material presented. Join us every Saturday morning at 7:30am in Meeting Room #1. ...Read more...
|A Word From Fr. Tom - 03.12.17|
LET’S ELIMINATE NEGATIVE THINKING!
This weekend we celebrate the Second Sunday of Lent. The readings focus on having courage to become a disciple and make positive changes in our life. To be a disciple means a willingness to give all. In the First Reading from Genesis, God commissions Abram to be the father of God’s people. Abram will become the father of faith for Israel. In the Second Reading from Paul to Timothy, we read how God has saved us and calls us to be holy. In the Gospel of Matthew, we read the Transfiguration. Peter, James, and John travel up to Mount Tabor and get to see a glimpse of the past: Moses and Elijah, and see the future: that Jesus is truly the Messiah, the Son of God.
As we continue our Lenten journey, todays scripture passages give us hope and encouragement. There will be difficulties along the way in life, but we need to just keep going.
LET’S ELIMINATE NEGATIVE THINKING!
Rite of Sending This weekend at the 9:30am Mass, we welcome our RCIA candidates and Catechumen (non-Baptized), now officially called “the Elect” as we officially send them to St. Paul Cathedral this afternoon for the Rite of Election to be introduced to Bishop Zubik as they become closer to joining us in the Catholic Faith at the Easter Vigil. The class of 2017includes: Jason Brewer, Jason Gasbarre, Walter Gleason, Jay Heurich, Paul Muders, Rachel Pelloni, Christopher Price, Rikkelle Showalter, and Dane Summerville.
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner/Dance Our annual St. Patrick’s Day Dinner/Dance will be held next Saturday, March 18 at 6:30pm in the St. James Gymnasium. Dinner will be catered by the Cooked Goose Catering Company of Oakdale and music will be provided by parishioner DJ David Ford. Last chance for tickets is this Monday, March 13 at the rectory office.
We are collecting items for our Gift Basket raffle. If you have brand new items that you would like to donate please drop them off at the rectory before 5:00pm this Wednesday, March 15. Gift cards, wines and spirits, and lottery tickets are greatly appreciated.
Congratulations to last week’s weekly drawing winner Sam Botta who won the 5 Generation Bakers, LLC- Jenny Lee swirl bread giveaway!
Lenten Penance Services The Sacrament of Reconciliation is a great time to get refreshed and renewed. Every Catholic Parish in the Diocese of Pittsburgh will be open for the Sacrament of Reconciliation this Wednesday, March 15 from 6:00 to 9:00pm where we will celebrate The Light Is On For You.
Upcoming Lenten Activities Parish Mission with Fr. Scott Seethaler - March 19-22 from 7:00 to 9:00pm. Free and open to the public.
Penance Service - Thursday, March 23rd at 6:30pm at St. Margaret Mary Parish in Moon Township.
Living Stations - Sunday, April 9 at 7:30pm St. Ferdinand Parish Youth Ministry program performs “Living Stations.”
Knights of Columbus Every man age 18 and older is welcomed to join the St. James Knights of Columbus. This wonderful organization helps support various Diocesan Pro-Life Charities and helps with various parish fund raisers. It is a wonderful Mens Catholic Fraternity Organization. For more information please contact Terry Sexton at 412-398- 0646.
Congratulations Congratulations to our second graders who received their First Reconciliation last week. Special thanks to Karen Conroy our Director of Religious Education and her Catechists for preparing our children so well. The students will be receiving their First Holy Communion after Easter.
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday to Lou Valenzi, our Director of Music Ministries who is celebrating his birthday on March 11.
Welcome A special welcome to Lynn and Mitchell Baer, Jackie Kresak, and Suzanne Werner who recently registered at St. James Parish.
Something to Think About… Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future. - Alice Walker
With God, All Things Are Possible!